Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Card in a box.

Well, now for my first project. A card in a box. (Or a box in a card, depending on how you look at it!)

This project has been done by many Stampin' up demonstrators and I first saw it on a blog by Monica Gale. But it was when my good friend Dawn (Of Dawn's Inspirations) showed me hers at our monthly crop I decided to have a go.


It is made from just one sheet of A4 card carefully scored and folded. Then decorated with card, patterned paper and stamped and punched flowers. I stamped the flowers using Stampin' up's flower shop stamp set and punched with the coordinating punch. The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Sultry collection.

What is nice about this card is that it folds flat enough to post but then stands as a box.

It would be great as a 'vase of flowers' card for someone in hospital as most hospitals don't allow flowers any more. :(

I think I might use this card for my card making workshop in time for mothers' day. (Don't look mum, this might be your card!)

Jen. x

3 comments:

  1. That's fab you will have to teach me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! You can have a place at the workshop if you'd like. I tell you more when I see you. Enjoy half term. x

      Delete
  2. Looks great Jennie! And great for posting...... A FAB little card!!!

    ReplyDelete