Hello. Today I've been experimenting with a stamp positioner. I have seen these around in the past but never really understood their purpose. But now I'm doing more stamping and especially two-step stamping with some of the lovely Stampin' Up sets, I can really see the benefit.
If you look carefully at the two picture above, you will see that in the first there is an overlap of the stem and the flower. Whilst this is not major, it irritates me and detracts from the over all effect.In the second picture, the image stamped using the stamp positioner, you can see there is no overlap and the over all effect is far more pleasing.
Now, you can buy a stamp positioner, Woodware do an acrylic one and Stampin' Up sell the Stamp-a-ma-jig. (I think I will invest in one in the future.) For a quick fix I found a Youtube video that explained how to make your own. And as it is made from 5 duplo blocks, I had the materials to hand.
So I started by stamping the stem onto my cardstock.
Then I stamped the flower head on to the acetate which was butted up to the duplo blocks. Making sure the acrylic block with the stamp attached was also butted up to the blocks.
Once I practised, I got quite quick and proficient at it and have made a couple of cards using this tool and technique. I like it because it now, I can decide where images will go with precision instead of the fingers crossed it goes where it should that used to happen!
Here are a couple of cards made by using the positioner. The stamp set used for both cards is Sweet Summer.
Thanks for looking,