Thursday, September 3, 2015

Designing for Hochanda.

I know my blogging is very sporadic, hopefully I will become more regular at it one day. I'm back with some exciting news. I was very happy to be asked to join Dawn Macfie's (Of  Dawn's Inspirations.) design team for the new craft channel Hocanda

This channel is trying to be different from other craft channels in that its aim is to focus on demonstrations and not just power selling. 

As the channel is very new, it opened on 27th of August, we had a very short time to use the stamps and get samples made. However, me and the other design team members got busy and pulled out the stops.
Here's what I came up with:



Dawn was then asked to repeat her stamping shows and we had a little more time to create so I refined my spotlight technique card using the cornflower stamp and did another colour variation of the purple butterfly background card. Dawn chose both of these designs to demonstrate live on air!

Spotlight technique


Butterfly background

I'm looking forward to the challenge of another lot of stamps or dies or whatever Hochanda has in store for Dawn next!

Please take a moment to check out the cards made my my fellow design team members. They each design and create stunning cards, scrapbook pages and altered items. They are super talented ladies! 

Ann's
Jean's 
Jo's

I'll be back sooner rather than later I hope!

Jen. X

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards - Would like to try the spotlight technique - is the circle a layer on top or just colour within the circle. jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayne, The spotlight part is punched out of another stamped image and the mounted of 3D foam to give it a bit of dimension.
      So to begin stamp two images and colour one, cut your shape out of the coloured image and layer on top of the black and white image.
      I hope that makes sense! Thank you for your lovely comment on my work too.
      Jen. X

      Delete